Making Of Nemestice By Christine Phelan
Nemestice Animation Shot Progression By Christine Phelan
This video is a short "behind the scenes" breakdown of his animation process for Hoodwink and Arc Warden in our latest trailer for Dota 2's Nemestice game event. It demonstrates his first pass blocking, pose breakdown pass, polished animation, and the final rendered shot for the short film.
- rough timing for major poses
- ensuring performance tracks with layout camera and terrain
- fill in the gaps between key poses to clarify timing and arcs
- added tail and crossbow animation
- landmark poses for facial performance
- camera adjustments to better frame the start of the shot, and added some simple objects to indicate VFX timing
Splines + Polish Pass:
- splined keys! Cleaning up curves to recapture transitions between key poses, and sharpening pose transitions and improving shape/silhouette changes between major poses
- hand keyed animation of "wind" and cloth
- lots of tiny detail work, polish polish polish!
- everyone's incredible hard work makes my animation look way cooler!
Category : Visual Effects
Tag : 3D Animation , 2D animation , animation , 2d , 3d , visual effects , vfx , cgi , cg , before and after , Breakdown Reel , Breakdown , Behind the Scenes , animated short , Animation Shot , making of , Christine Phelan , Nemestice , Nemestice Breakdown Reel , Nemestice Breakdown , Nemestice Behind The Scenes , Nemestice Animation Shot Progression , Making Of Nemestice By Christine Phelan , Making Of Nemestice