Ubisoft Recruiting Technical Artist
Ubisoft Leamington has been a member of the Ubisoft family since January 2017 and has collaborated on Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Far Cry 5 and Starlink: Battle For Atlas. Currently comprised of a 70-strong team, the studio is a solid and experienced group supported by a mix of veteran developers and promising young talent. Based in Royal Leamington Spa, Ubisoft Leamington is at the heart of a thriving destination for UK game developers.
The Technical Artist will develop, document and support the game art pipelines and techniques used by the production teams on the project.
• Participate in technical art reviews, post-mortem analysis, and encourage artists to share knowledge with their peers;
• Work with the technical art team to identify ways to increase efficiencies in processes and production pipelines and identify risks or flaws in proposed pipelines;
• Provide documentation of art processes and assist in defining the art pipeline within the assigned project;
• Streamline modelling, texturing and visual effects to meet the needs of the project;
• Optimise content for memory and performance gains;
• Understand best practices, pipelines and workflows;
• Assist the technical art director in the creation of documentation;
• Provide feedback and advice to team members;
• Improve the pipelines and skills needed for the production art team;
• Document and train artists in approved 2D and 3D techniques and methods;
• Maintain a balance between day to day work and improving workflows;
• Be involved in the development and rendering of artwork, modelling, animation and texturing when required;
• Support the Technical Art Director with any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• Proactive and results orientated;
• Willingness to share knowledge openly;
• Working knowledge of standard office software such as Word, Excel, OneNote etc.;
• Knowledge of industry standard software packages such as Maya, 3DSMax, Photoshop etc.;
• Understanding of platform strengths and limitations;
• Knowledge of art asset pipelines;
• Aptitude for scripting and programming using languages such as Max Script, Python, C Sharp etc.;
• Strong time management and prioritisation skills;
• Technical proficiency in areas of 2D and 3D art;
• Ability to understand and communicate technical issues from an aesthetic point of view.
• 2 – 3 years’ experience as a Technical Artist or other relevant experience;
• Bachelor’s degree in art, design, technical discipline or other relevant training;
• Experience in the video game industry is essential.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.