Ubisoft Recruiting Art Director [Splinter Cell VR] (f/m/d)
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German studios in Mainz, Düsseldorf and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Anno”, “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", James Cameron's "Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", “Ubisoft Escape Games", “The Settlers” and many more.
As Art Director you will join an established core team to work on a prestigious new Splinter Cell VR project. Being developed for the Oculus platform, on a multi studio project across the globe and with the budget of AAA production.
As Art Director you will lead this project's artistic vision across all studios. Working with a team of seasoned professionals like yourself you will define the overall vision for art and how to best realize the game’s creative ambitions partnering with the Game and Creative Director. Furthermore, you will have the benefit of building an art team that fosters an atmosphere of excellence and collaboration both within and out with the art discipline to deliver the best overall game experience.
This is a permanent position based in Düsseldorf, Germany, and requires working onsite.
• Create, drive and uphold the artistic vision and direction for a Splinter Cell game whilst honoring the brand.
• Collaborate with other studios to ensure consistency and quality for the project;
• Collaborate with Creative and Project Directors to create technically sound, engaging and memorable visuals;
• With your team, deliver state of the art visuals, finding the right balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints.
• A passion for AAA video games/VR
• Shipped at least 1 AAA title as an Art Director coupled with previous experience as a Lead Artist
• Experience with outsourcing and co-development is a bonus
• Clear understanding of art pipelines.
• Ability to frame delivery goals for a team, and review and dynamically adjust them to achieve success.
• In-depth comprehension of the technical landscape; hardware, software and techniques.
• Strong documentation skills and the ability to effectively apply them to production
• Documented leadership experience, great collaboration skills and positive attitude
• Fluent in English, both verbally and written (No German language skills are required to work in our studio)
• Unity knowledge
• Experience in VR is a bonus
• Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
• 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
• Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
• Development Support: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, paid self-study hours and library.
• Free English and German; The business language in the studio is English. No German is required to work with us.
• Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
• Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year so that you do not need to use vacation days when your child falls sick.
• Gym Subsidy
• Monthly Travel Budget
• Discounted Ubisoft Games
• & more
Living in Düsseldorf
Düsseldorf is a very international city close to the border of Germany famous for it's Japanese culture. With a Japanese gardens, "Little Tokyo" area for Asian cuisine and celebrating Japan Day along the River Rhine each year. Art Galleries and Museums can be found as well as the "Old City" - a lively area of bars and restaurants amongst traditional German architecture. Two hours from Paris, Amsterdam, the UK and Hamburg - an excellent location to explore Europe even on a weekend. A large Deer park offers a natural sanctuary for those needing a break from the city life. More rural and suburban areas surround the city for those looking for a more relaxed pace.