Rhythm & Hues Studios Recruiting VFX Supervisor
The VFX Supervisor is required to supervise, monitor, direct and influence the wide- ranging creative aspects of high-end VFX production across multiple projects as determined by the Company. Supplying creative direction and hands on, on the box direction, you will be responsible for driving success across entire VFX projects, and you will have a strong understanding of all disciplines within the VFX pipeline.
You are an expert people manager, a natural team player and forward thinking professional, capable of interfacing with both internal and external stakeholders. You inspire people through your extensive VFX knowledge, clear communication and by setting and maintaining high quality standards. You implement solutions to improve the overall efficiency at a show level. Utilizing available resources, you work with your team to consistently deliver high quality VFX within the allocated resources and to the satisfaction of show requirements. You are capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously and are skilled at prioritizing competing agendas to the benefit of the studio.
The strength of your creative eye, excellent communication, collaboration and leadership skills are highly regarded by your peers. You provide confidence to production that your team has absolute clarity in what is expected of them in terms of professionalism and shot delivery. You are an active participant in the VFX industry.
Successful applicants will have an eye for detail and an eye on the big picture. You recognize the value of the sum of all parts in creating the big picture.
Your job is not only focused on overcoming technical and creative challenges, but ensuring your team are utilized to their full potential.
This particular VFX Supervisor role requires working closely with our Indian facility in addition to the LA studio, and anticipates the supervision of more than one show simultaneously. You should be genuinely interested in international experience and other cultures, and committed to improving the output of artists who may have less experience than the LA team. This may require on the box instruction, and a patient, committed, and flexible approach throughout production to ensure photo-real finish and delivery, subject to budget and schedule realities.
Possible travel, on mutually agreed on schedules, may be required. Off-set hours once or twice a week during key production periods, to facilitate real time feedback on overseas studio hours, are likely. On the box shot work may be required to support ongoing production requirements and deliveries, which requirement will be evaluated in conjunction with the head of production and Senior VFX Supervisor.
- Key member of supervisory and leadership team in growing company.
- Flexible and entrepreneurial in approach and demeanor.
- Work closely with production on setting delivery schedule and quality standards.
- Ensure R&H delivers quality shots on time and on budget.
- Collaborate with the art director to ensure all VFX shots are stress tested and meet client expectations.
- Prototype and roll out VFX in line with financial and creative parameters.
- Review all work for internal and external delivery, ensuring it hits creative and technical notes.
- Set discipline and quality standards by leading through example and regularly providing feedback to your team.
- Ensure your leads are effectively running their teams, providing guidance to resolve issues in the moment.
- Mentor and actively develop less experienced team members.
- Promote a collaborative and enjoyable workplace influencing morale, fostering purposeful discussion and positive work ethic.
- Work with the Sales team, assisting with VFX breakdowns, budgets and shot methodologies as necessary.
- Assist with evaluation of new potential resources and/or team building on an as needed basis and in conjunction with other key stakeholders.
Required skills and experience
- Established relationships in VFX Industry and with current credits.
- Minimum 8 years supervisory or leadership experience in creating high-end VFX for live-action feature films, Television and Commercials.
- Have expert knowledge of, and experience in, dealing with a wide range of visual effects techniques.
- Have an understanding of/creative eye for photography/film-making, lighting, design and [animation] timing/storytelling.
- Practical understanding of the entire production pipeline process.
- Multi-disciplinary understanding derived from working within Effects, Lighting, Compositing and Asset Teams.
- Maintain a calm and professional demeanor in a deadline focused work environment.
- Expert people management/leadership and organizational skills.
- Technical and creative problem solving with a can-do mindset.
- Expert time management and prioritization skills.
- Sharpened tactical and creative problem solving sensibilities with a can-do mindset