Rhythm & Hues Recruiting Houdini FX Artists
Rhythm & Hues is looking for talented Houdini FX artists to join our award-winning team for a variety of exciting projects. We are interested in all levels of experience from junior and intermediate to total rock star.
· Produce high quality effects elements both from scratch and using existing setups.
· Take on substantial tasks in deadline-intensive situations.
· Create and execute concepts based on client and supervisor input, and then carry these through all the way to final.
· Work closely with lighters, animators and compositors. Troubleshoot shots and take ownership of effects-related issues.
· Contribute creatively to best achieve the client vision.
· 2+ years of experience working in TV, cinematics, or film.
· Demonstrated artistic talent, with a keen eye for movement and aesthetic detail.
· Excellent knowledge of all aspects of Houdini.
· High level expertise in one or more of the following areas: particles, pyro, rigid bodies, FLIP, procedural effects, VEX, wires/cloth, position-based dynamics, FEM, Mantra shader writing and look development.
· Must be able to create shaders and to light shots.
· At least basic compositing skills, preferably with Nuke.
· Ability to solve problems quickly and meet challenges with enthusiasm and creativity.
· Work well alone and as part of a team.
· Strong communication and organizational skills. Must be able to effectively absorb direction from supervisors and provide updates on progress of work.