Reel FX Recruiting Rigging Supervisor
Supervises the creation of 3D character rigs and animation interface controls for skeletal motion systems, body deformations, facial and prop/mechanical animation. Works directly with the Modeling Supervisor and Animation Director to keep the front end asset creation pipeline moving smoothly between Modeling and Animation.
• Responsible for the establishment of accurate bids as well as meeting schedules and show deadlines, participates in dailies, rounds and team reviews of work in progress.
• Interacts with production, supervisors and team/ peers in order to problem solve and share information related to show/ assigned tasks
• Must be client service oriented to anticipate and intuitively solve the needs of animation.
• Must be able to decipher, as well as follow through on, work in progress, dailies, briefings/ notes and feedback.
• Supervise, as well as contribute to, the design, creation, testing and maintenance of character/prop set up pipeline.
• Develop new techniques and processes to solve character production challenges.
• Work with production management to prioritize tasks.
• Keep supervisors informed of progress, changes, roadblocks and other critical issues
• Participate in training, recruiting and other global department tasks as requested
• Bachelor’s (BA) degree from accredited four-year college or university or equivalent experience
• 5 years production experience
• Prior experience as an Animator or Modeler required
• Knowledge and passion for traditional animation techniques and the principles of character motion
• Knowledge of anatomy
• Knowledge of mesh flow and modeling techniques
• Training in visual arts and understanding of form, geometry and movement
• Knowledge of mathematics such as linear algebra, trigonometry, geometry, calculus and differential geometry.
• Knowledge in programming and software development skills. Python and Mel preferred.
• Knowledge of C is a distinct advantage
• Excellent communication, presentation, and leadership skills
• Project Management – proven ability in managing projects from concept to completion. Able to prioritize appropriately and always meet deadlines.
• Excellent Teamwork – ability to assemble and motivate teams and work effectively with others.
• Superb Written & Verbal Communication – good at following directions; Ability to interact with and integrate requests of directors, broadcasters, executives and clients.
• Organization – demonstrated organizational skills including attention to detail.
• Strong Problem Solving Skills.
• Excellent conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
• Able to follow directions well
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please note that Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents will be considered in priority.