Reel FX Recruiting Pipeline TD
The Pipeline Tools TD works closely with artists and technical directors to research, design, and develop in-house tools to solve production issues and make productions more efficient. As an architect of the CG production pipeline, the tools developer must create tools that not only solve current production challenges, but that also benefit the studio as a whole. The successful candidate has the ability to identify deficiencies in the technical process and to proactively recommend solutions. The pipeline tools developer must work well in a team-oriented production environment, where daily proactive problem solving and technical innovation are expected.
• Responsible for the research, design, development, and deployment of proprietary scripts, plugins, and applications for the production pipeline.
• Conducts ongoing research in emerging industry technologies and development techniques, and determines practical applications for these advancements in order to improve production.
• Develops and executes test plans for tools, and performs regular evaluation of tool performance within the production pipeline.
• Studies patterns and trends, identifies common technical problems in a production, and recommends/implements new processes or workflows to address those problems.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Film, Animation, or equivalent experience.
• 2 years production experience.
• Working knowledge of Unix, Windows, and OSX platforms
• Experience with both procedural and object-oriented programming languages, shader/plugin writing as well as shell/Perl/Python scripting.
• Production experience in one or more of the following areas is preferred: layout, animation, modeling, texturing, rigging, fur/hair, cloth, effects, lighting, or compositing.
• Working knowledge of CG production workflow and methodologies.
• Working knowledge of Maya.
• Thorough knowledge of Mel.
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please note that Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Candidate will be treated in priority.
Only the selected candidates will be contacted. Please note that you may be asked to provide references.