Reel FX Recruiting Modeling Lead - TV
This position reports to the CG Supervisor and is responsible for facilitating the production and animation by leading the modeling team while identifying and solving problems to ensure cost effective and timely delivery of the project.
● Review all the model and environment designs with the Director, CG Supervisor and Art Director for functionality and feasibility.
● Submit completed models and environments for approval, allowing adequate time for Director/Client approvals.
● Estimate/bid the modeling time required for each modeling and assembly task for each episode.
● Technically interpret the Art Director’s vision to the modeling team, stating realistically what can and cannot be achieved within the given budget and timeframe.
● Identify reusability of models and environments.
● Prepare modeling guidelines and ensure that the guidelines are strictly followed.
● Work with the Art Director, CG Supervisor and the Producer to meet the needs of the Director/Clients.
● Actively maintain communication with other departments.
● Perform final checks of completed models and environments.
● Supervise the sculpting of digital maquettes.
● Identify and address personnel problems in the team.
● Assign work to Modelers according to their skill level, preference and production priority with a learning opportunity in mind.
● Oversee the daily activities of Modelers.
● Consistently track progress, identify any issues/problems, and take corrective action.
● Actively recognize excellent performance.
● Customize on-going training session for Modelers, addressing their strengths and weaknesses.
● Critique models artistically and provide constructive feedback.
● Troubleshoot and repair existing problems
• Degree/diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Feature Film, Commercial and/or Video Game production
• Knowledge of current industry production processes.
• Ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas.
• Ability to make creative/artistic/aesthetic judgement calls.
• Prior experience in supervising or training an asset
• Proficient with Maya and Zbrush
• Good knowledge of Unreal Engine or comparable game engines an asset
• Mastery of poly and sub-D modeling in Maya, Modo, or other comparable high-end software
• Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
• Understand the needs of facial rigging, including creation of facial blendshape sets and expressions
• Understand the needs of surfacing, including ability to create UV sets
• Strong aesthetic sense: demonstrates ability to make creative and aesthetic judgment calls
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please note that Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents will be considered in priority.