Reel FX Recruiting Lead Animator
The lead animator is a key member of the show that is responsible for managing sequences and those artists assigned to their sequences, being a part of the leadership team that drives the quality and style of the show and partnering with the Animation Supervisor to achieve these goals.
• Able to manage sequences and continuity of sequences
• Help Animation Director to guide animation of sequences by attending rounds with Animation Director, working with artists assigned to a particular sequence including managing their time and quota (keeping them on schedule)
• Assisting the Animation Sup in accomplishing the style and quality of the animation of the film
• Managing what is shown to the Animation Sup during rounds
• Helping with animation process (draw overs, trouble-shooting shots)
• Monitor shots as they roll from department to department
• Contribute to quota as assigned from the Assistant Production Manager
• Degree/diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience
• Senior level in animation, character animation, lip synching and lighting
• 3 years experience on an animated film
• Proficient knowledge of high end 3D software (Maya)
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please note that Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Candidate will be treated in priority.
Only the selected candidates will be contacted. Please note that you may be asked to provide references.