Reel FX Recruiting Compositing Supervisor
Under general supervision of the VFX Supervisor, and working in partnership with the Lighting Supervisor(s) and Matte Painting Supervisor, this position is responsible for leading a team of artists specialized in Compositing disciplines.
• Works in partnership with the Lighting Supervisor(s) to maintain and/or improve look quality and sustaining pipeline stability across multiple shows.
• Helps to bid Compositing tasks and assign those tasks out to Compositing artists.
• Supervise and help to hire a group of Compositing specialized artists.
• Reviews the work of Compositing specialized artists before it’s published as well as the Environment & Keyshot Nuke scripts of the Lighter/Compositors before they go to same-as artists.
• Performing advanced compositing operations with the rendered layers created, including overall look and feel, color correction, 3D setups, advanced rotoscoping, look development, and other more specialized compositing effects as needed.
• Itemize and help to identify what tasks would be Compositing specific vs lighting specific. Can we fix it in comp vs a new round of renders?
• Lead tool development for Nuke based tools.
• Responsible for Compositing tools and technique documentation as well as Matte Painting documentation.
• Makes sure the Nuke farm remains stable and that Matte Painting Deliveries to Lighting are sound.
• Offers up ideas early on in shot production for Compositing effects to heighten or fix a problem in the final look of a shot or sequence. (Flares, projections, comp fx particles, etc etc).
• Offers additional perspectives on techniques to final shots quicker, cheaper, and of high quality
• Degree/diploma in fine arts or equivalent experience
• 5 years experience as a Lighting and Compositing Artist
• Thorough knowledge of high end 3D software, Maya
• Thorough knowledge of high end compositing software, Nuke
• Thorough knowledge of high end Rendering software Mental Ray, Renderman
• Strong demonstration of composition, lighting and color
• Strong demonstration of coding and tool development
• Demonstrable ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas as well as critique others work constructively and giving shot notes.
• A creative and collaborative problem solver who is organized and critical of his or her own work
• Demonstrable ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Able to thrive in a high pressure, deadline oriented environment
• Enjoy working in teams
• Able to follow directions well
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please note that Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents will be considered in priority.