Reel FX Recruiting Character FX Artist
CFX Artists works with the CFX Supervisors and Leads to create and execute the Director’s vision of fur and cloth on the production.
• Develop and maintain all department documentation of current pipeline and techniques
◦ Prepares the assets for cloth simulation, including and not limited to creating the cloth simulation rig for the asset.
◦ Run realistic and stylized cloth shot simulations in a production environment
◦ Performs corrective shapes and sculpting fixes for cloth simulation in shot
◦ Rendering and QC of cloth elements
◦ Procedurally groom hair and fur using XGen.
◦ Prepares the approved groom for animation rigging.
◦ Prepares the approved groom for simulation, including and not limited to creating the fur simulation rig for the asset.
◦ Run realistic and stylized fur simulations in a production environment
◦ Rendering and QC of fur elements
◦ Experience with multiple types of cloth solvers such as nCloth, Syflex, or Qualoth.
◦ Knowledge of the physics of motion and timing, cloth and hair motion.
◦ Solid knowledge of nCloth, nHair, deformers, and rigging techniques.
◦ Strong understanding of current grooming systems and techniques.
◦ Intermediate understanding with xGen or other grooming packages.
◦ Intermediate to advanced understanding of general grooming toolsets and is able to troubleshoot.
• 3 years of experience in film/animation/vfx
• Degree/diploma in fine arts/computer science or equivalent experience
• Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Maya
• Knowledge of mel, python, or other scripting language is a plus.
• Able to work independently and advance towards asset/shot approval with minimal daily supervision
• Demo reel demonstrating abilities with shot breakdown
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please note that Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Candidate will be treated in priority.
Only the selected candidates will be contacted. Please note that you may be asked to provide references.