Reel FX Recruiting Animator
Under the direction of the Animation Supervisor this position is responsible for creating performance and motion for characters and objects based on storyboards, animatics and other visual references.
• Create key frame animation sequences as assigned by the Supervisor
• Create lip-sync, facial, and body character animation as well as prop animation.
• Remain current and up-to-date in animation techniques
• Consistently meet production goals as assigned by APM/PM team
• Willing to step in as a character specialist as needed per the production.
• Degree/diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 1 year experience as an Animator (or equivalent)
• Solid understanding of character animation, and lip-synching
• Good understanding of strong character posing and performance
• Proficient with Maya and or equivalent program
• Strong compositional skill is preferred but not essential
• Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please note that Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Candidate will be treated in priority.
Only the selected candidates will be contacted. Please note that you may be asked to provide references.