Local Hero is a Final Color/DI and VFX house based in Santa Monica, CA and we are looking for several junior- to mid-level Maya generalists for a couple of large-scale film/television projects over the next 2 months. You must be available to work in our Santa Monica studio - no remote work possible.
This is a freelance, project-hire job with potential for longer-term work.
- Asset creation: modeling, texturing, shader development, lighting and 3D animation in a photo-realistic environment.
- Creation of animated shots, from Previs all the way to final completion.
- Rendering final elements in Arnold and/or Mental Ray for a photo-realistic finish.
- Creation of animated and static CG elements to be composited into live-action shots.
- Working with VFX Supervisor, CG Team Lead and fellow artists to achieve finished shots with a fast turnaround and tight deadlines.
- 2+ years industry experience in film, television and/or game/VR development.
- Proficiency with Maya
- Proven ability across multiple CG disciplines: modeling, texturing, lighting, shading/look development, rigging and animation
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to problem-solve and come up with creative solutions while maintaining productivity
- Ability to receive notes/creative criticism and make changes in a timely and efficient manner
- Strong attention to detail and a creative eye
- Experience in multi-pass rendering for compositing
- Experience with Arnold/Mental Ray and various render engines
- Rigging experience/capabilities a huge plus
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Mari, Houdini, Substance Painter
- Experience in a face-paced VFX pipeline
Please send applications to email@example.com