Ilion Animation Studios Recruiting Lead Animator
The Lead Animator should create high quality animations of 3D characters and elements appearing in each of the movie’s shots, to convey emotion, movement, action and personality; according to the style of the feature film; assisting the Animation Director in the supervision of the animation staff.
• Keeps sequence continuity on shots under his/her responsibility.
• Must maintain look and feel as defined by Art Director and Animation Director.
• Assists the Animation Director in the supervision of the animation staff, with regard to scheduling, assigning and prioritizing workloads, providing training, mentoring, and monitoring animator’s performance on a daily basis while ensuring the timely completion of projects.
• Supervises the development related to a specific character when needed.
• Reports to the Animation Director, helping by foreseeing future problems
• Creates high quality animations of 3D characters and elements appearing in each of the movie’s shots, according to the style of the feature film.
• Animates a shot from blocking through final animation, working under the supervision of the Animation Supervisor and/or Director.
• Demonstrates ability to work proficiently and efficiently in all animation styles and genres including realistic, cartoony, creature, human, and lip-synching.
• Maintains a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
• Collaborate effectively with the rest of the departments.
· Minimum of 8 years of experience in Feature 3D animation.
· Production animation experience is a must
· Extensive knowledge of Maya is necessary
· Traditional animation knowledge
· A demo reel which proves acting skills and the strong understanding of the traditional animation principles such as weight, arcs, etc.
· High level of English language is required