FuseFX Recruiting VFX Supervisor
FuseFX New York is seeking talented and experienced freelance VFX Supervisors for our in house projects. These positions will be on-call as needed day or week long roles, and we are seeking individuals with flexibility in schedule.
FuseFX is an award-winning visual effects and animation studio focused on producing photo-real digital effects for feature film, episodic television and commercials.
• Experience leading a team of Nuke Compositors and CG Generalists in an episodic TV environment
• On-set supervision, script breakdown, and bidding experience
• Working knowledge of Nuke, Maya and Houdini workflows
• Strong understanding of directory structure, file formats, naming conventions, scripts, automation tools, automated dailies
• Excellent problem solving and communication skills
• Strong creative and technical abilities
• Must be a team player and work well under tight deadlines
Skills & Responsibilities:
• Attending production and VFX meetings, location and tech scouts
• Breaking down scripts and working with Producers and Supervisors in bidding
• Providing on-set supervision of plate and element photography
• Leading a team of artists, providing guidance and feedback on shots
• Assisting in recruitment duties, reviewing reels, making recommendations
• Communicating effectively with clients, artists, and management, while guiding a shot from initial concept through final delivery
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The Company prohibits discrimination in employment against otherwise qualified applicants because of a physical or mental disability and will make reasonable accommodations to enable qualified persons with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job consistent with applicable law. The Company will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.