FuseFX Recruiting On-Set Supervisor
FuseFX has an opening in Atlanta! We have an opportunity at our studio for an experienced and talented On-Set VFX Supervisor to manage the VFX process on-set.
Successful candidates will have a thorough understanding of the ins-and-outs of production crews while working on location, how the on-set process affects post-production VFX, and how to successfully engage key crew members in a collaborative and decisive manner to communicate the VFX needs.
This opportunity is ideal for a VFX Supervisor who thrives on working independently, with minimal VFX support on set, while contributing towards the overall success of the larger VFX project.
FuseFX is an award-winning visual effects studio that works with all the major studios to unleash storylines and creative visions. Known for delivering boutique-style project management, we back that with the technology, efficiency, and work experience of a larger studio with locations in Los Angeles, New York, Vancouver, and Atlanta.
• Participate in pre-production meetings and anticipate problems and present solutions adapted to time and budget constraints
• Maintain communications between the Director and the production team, to keep project moving forward on time while executing the creative vision
• Support the team in order to maintain the pipeline’s efficiency and allow the artists and production to achieve their objectives and deadlines.
• Strong understanding of green screen / blue screen set-up and photography and in-depth knowledge of VFX pipeline and needs
• Effectively communicate VFX recommendations and needs while demonstrating appropriate assertiveness for VFX requirements while on-set
• Skilled at identifying when tracking markers and witness cams are needed (and not)
• Able to obtain relevant set measurements and various kind of reference material, including photographic reference, HDRIs, photogrammetry and 360-degree photography
• In-depth understanding of strategies for shooting plates that enable the successful integration of CG elements
• Solid data wrangling skills and the ability to transmit back set data back to the studio in an organized and timely fashion
Traits of a successful FuseFX On-Set Supervisor:
• Minimum five (5) years of work experience as a VFX supervisor in a television or film production environment.
• Extensive knowledge of VFX production and CG pipelines, and thorough understanding of film production and on-set experience.
• Excellent organizational, communication skills and project management skills to ensure project is managed effectively.
• Ability to supervise and assign tasks to a production team, and give appropriate notes.
• Knowledge of standard 2D/3D software (Maya, Nuke, Houdini etc.) required.
Nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The Company prohibits discrimination in employment against otherwise qualified applicants because of a physical or mental disability and will make reasonable accommodations to enable qualified persons with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job consistent with applicable law. The Company will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.