The Pipeline Developer works closely with artists and supervisors to research, design, develop, and implement in-house tools to solve challenges during production and to make the pipeline more efficient. As an architect of the production pipeline, the developer must create tools that not only solve current production challenges but also benefit the entire studio. The successful candidate can identify deficiencies in the technical process and recommend future-proof solutions. The pipeline tools developer must work well in a team-oriented production environment where daily proactive problem-solving and technical innovation are expected.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design, automate, test and maintain tools to extend and enhance the pipeline.
• Collaborate with supervisors and leads to ensure a smooth and efficient work process.
• Ensure that software development has documentation and follows guidelines.
• Investigate patterns and trends, identify common problems in production, and recommend new processes or workflows to address those problems.
• Work closely with the rest of the team to determine long-term strategies and standards.
Required Skills and Experience:
• At least 2 years of experience developing tools in a visual effects, game, or animation studio.
• Strong Python experience required
• Strong understanding of PySide/Qt and building responsive models and interfaces.
• Experience Debugging, Improving Performance, and Testing tools.
• Experience using Shotgun and an understanding of the Shotgun Toolkit.
• Experience using majority of core CG production software: Maya, Nuke, Houdini, RV, Deadline, Unreal, Unity, and Redshift.
• Understanding of the entire CG production process.
• Experience with Agile development and working in Git in a team.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Unit Testing Experience
• Cross platform experience with Linux, Mac, and Windows.
• Experience using one or more of PlasticsSCM, Perforce, Docker, and Jira.
• Experience packaging Python code using PyPi, Distutils or SetupTools.
• Experience working with Multi-Threading and Queues.
• Experience with AR / VR and experience with GPU rendering.
Falcon’s Treehouse, LLC is a drug-free workplace and employment is contingent upon passing a drug screen. We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, child birth, national origin, age, service member status, marital status, genetic information, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.