Dreamworks Animation Recruiting Technical Resources Administrator
Technical Resource Administrators (TRAs) support the 24x7 rendering production of DreamWorks' animated feature films. TRAs touch all aspects of the technical production pipeline and are often the first line of troubleshooting for render related issues. They have broad interaction with production artists from fx, animation, lighting, layout and modeling departments as well as technical directors and technology teams.
Monitor, manage and keep the render farm running at maximum capacity.
Monitor, manage and check rendered shots, ensuring delivery for dailies and rounds.
Maintain rendering priorities and resource allocations for various productions.
Assist with render job submissions and errors.
Troubleshoot and monitor infrastructure and render farm issues. Escalate problems.
• B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Animation, Engineering, Mathematics, Gaming or equivalent.
• Ability to handle a fast paced, occasionally high pressure environment.
• Willingness to work very flexible hours, including weekends, evening or nights when schedules require.
• Experience working in Linux/Unix environment.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in dealing with both technical and artistic groups.
• Familiarity with rendering pipeline, infrastructure, and hardware.
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently or within a group, and work with minimal supervision.
• Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Shell scripting, programming skills and Python are a plus.
• General technical troubleshooting experience.