Dreamworks Animation Recruiting Sr. Render Engineer
DreamWorks Animation is looking for a passionate senior graphics software engineer to join our rendering team in building our bleeding-edge raytracer MoonRay, as seen in all of our movies from How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World, Abominable, Trolls: World Tour, The Croods: A New Age, award-winning shorts, themed entertainment and more. Our focus is to deliver breathtaking images while being massively scalable across single or multiple machines. We’ve been creating movie magic for over 25 years and we’d love to have you join us. We have a great, award-winning team and we are looking for an experienced engineer to join us in pushing rendering boundaries. Check out our work! https://research.dreamworks.com
• Research and Develop the tools and services for the studio’s rendering needs for features and shorts, theme park rides, AR/VR, VFX, and future needs.
• Focus on advanced graphics and machine learning research and development
• Help build our state of the art rendering technology, MoonRay.
• Optimize code and algorithms for efficiency and scalability.
• Work with artists to improve the technology in the creation of our movies and advanced productions
● Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
● Knowledge and passion for Monte Carlo raytracing
● Familiarity with current MCRT rendering research
● Experience in core C/C++ software development in rendering, lighting or other graphics-related tools
● Enthusiasm to work on visual problems as well as hard systems, software design and parallel programming problems related to rendering
● Experience in problem-solving and balancing quick turnaround with long-term quality
● Experience in VFX/animation pipeline
● Excellent communication skills and an aptitude for working in small teams
● Ability to deliver robust and scalable code
● Familiarity with parallel programming models