Dreamworks Animation Recruiting Site Reliability Engineer
The Platform Services team at DreamWorks is a cross-functional Operations/Software Engineering team with involvement in all phases of our application and service release lifecycle that embraces the DevOps method of communication, collaboration and integration between development and operations. SREs embedded in the Platform team are responsible for engineering and developing the compute, storage, database and platform solutions on prem and in the public cloud.
In this role you have the opportunity to engage in the development of leading edge platforms serving the needs of the Studio across multiple cloud providers and data centers.
• Work in a cross-functional team to design and implement the next generation of CI/CD platform as a service in-house product.
• Leverage Kubernetes operators, Tekton and Spinnaker pipelines to automate the deployment and administration of applications across multiple environments on-prem and in the cloud.
• Define workflows and processes to meet Infrastructure-as-Code objectives.
• Actively facilitate continuous improvement.
• Monitor various systems capacity and health indicators and trends.
• Provide 24x7 tier-3 troubleshooting and break-fix support for production services.
• Design and build RESTful microservices enabling the application of role-based access control, network policies, and service registration.
● 2-5 years of relevant work experience.
● Strong software engineering skills, preferably working in multiple programming languages (Java, Go, Python).
● Proficiency in cloud-native technologies and architectures (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift).
● Proficiency in revision control and DevOps best practices (Git).
● Expert Linux experience (Red Hat, CentOS).
● Experience with public or private cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, OpenStack).
● Familiarity with continuous integration/deployment tools and platforms (Spinnaker, Drone, Jenkins, Ansible).
● Familiarity with Application Performance Monitoring (APM or tracing)
● Contributions to open source projects.
● Articulate and personable with strong spoken and written language skills.
● Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical coworkers.
● Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
● Broad and deep knowledge with an ability to learn quickly.
● Responsible, self-motivated, and highly dependable.
● Strong team player with a customer service orientation.
● Ethical, honest, fair and of high integrity.