Dreamworks Animation Recruiting Previs/Rough Layout Artist
A Previsualization/Rough Layout Artist creates sequences of shots that convey the story through the application of traditional filmmaking principles in a 3D computer graphics environment.
Establish character blocking, camera positioning and animate camera movement
Create an animatic interpretation of the story reel.
Ensure that the vision of the Director and Art Director are incorporated into the film where possible
Work with existing storyboards, recreate and/or enhance story through cinematic layout of shots.
May create rough pre-visualization models and environments to facilitate animatic work.
Collaborate with the Editorial department to incorporate materials and animatic work into the production reel.
Help guide the pre-visualization and layout work flow, tool and pipeline development with input and testing.
Pre-visualize the look of the film - characters, locations, effects, look - in collaboration with the Art Department.
Pre-visualize and layout sequences of shots that convey the story based on storyboards, story reel and/or script pages.
Model, surface and rig pre-visualization and layout models, characters, environments, and effects.
Optimize assets and scenes for real time interactive playback.
Plan and prepare motion capture and camera capture sessions.
Active participant at virtual shoots capturing motion capture data.
Active participant at camera capture session capturing camera motion.
Work in pre-visualization and layout on lighting, effects, rough character animation/blocking, camera motion, and rough editing.
Motion edit motion capture and keyframe animation of characters.
Deliver shot data to Final Layout Department that meet the need of production.
Communicate with downstream departments to find solutions that facilitate the production process.
• 3 years of computer graphics pre-visualization production experience
• Experience with motion capture based pre-visualization workflow
• Expertise in programs such as Autodesk Maya, Autodesk Motion Builder, Adobe Photoshop
• Expertise with editing software
• Moderate to advanced modeling, surfacing and rigging skills
• Moderate to advanced skills in effects animation
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to work in Glendale, CA
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume