Dreamworks Animation Recruiting Network Systems Administrator
DreamWorks is looking for a Network Engineer who will be responsible for maintaining and administering our networks. Your primary duties will include maintenance of networking, hardware, software, and other related systems, protecting data, software, and hardware, replacing faulty network hardware components when required, and performing disaster recovery operations if necessary. You will work closely with systems Engineers and developers to identify potential issues, fix existing problems, and architect new network solutions.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have an expert understanding of networking standards and transports. You will also need to be able to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including firewalls, routers, switches, Wi-Fi controllers, and access points. Ideally you will also have experience establishing and maintaining a cloud presence in both AWS and Azure.
Network Engineer Responsibilities:
- Design, configure and test networking software, hardware, and operating system software.
- Maintain and administer network and related computing environments including system software, application software, and configurations.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Monitor network performance to determine if adjustments should be made.
- Protect data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
- Replace faulty network hardware components when required.
- Conferring with systems engineers and developers about solving existing system problems.
- Perform disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
- Expert level understanding of network protocols, infrastructure, and hardware.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including but not limited to firewalls, routers, switches, and Wi-Fi.
- Create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning of network systems.
- Provide specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
- Ability and desire to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Routing expertise with eBGP, iBGP, and OSPF
- Linux SysAdmin proficiency with Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, and Cumulus Linux
- Palo Alto Networks firewall and management platform
- HPE/Aruba Networks routing, switching, Wi-Fi and monitoring
- HPE/Aruba ClearPass administration
- AWS and Azure Virtual Private Cloud architecture, configuration, and management