Dreamworks Animation Recruiting Lead Animation Pipeline TD
At DreamWorks Animation Television, our Lead Animation Pipeline TD works closely with the Animation Pipeline Supervisor, HUB Line Producer and Partner Studio(s) to help manage the pipeline process as it relates to producing episodic content. The Lead Animation Pipeline TD ensures that all tools and processes support the production’s schedule, technical specifications and creative vision of the Studio.
DreamWorks Animation Television has an exciting new opportunity for an Lead Animation Pipeline TD to join its team based in Glendale, CA. This position is covered by the Animation Guild.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead and work on short term and long term tool and software development tasks on schedule.
• Coordinate with Production while gathering information that will be used in the development of new tools or new features on existing tools for individual production needs.
• Work closely with the department Animation Pipeline Supervisor and Director, TV Animation Production to develop file structure solutions that can be applied across 2d and CG shows.
• Collaborate with CG department Supervisors and the CG Supervisors to develop centralized and sustainable pipeline tool solutions.
• Provide support to Pipeline TD’s and discipline specific TD’s. e.g. Lighting, FX, Rigging
• Ensure that software development follows studio policies and guidelines.
• Create and or manage the creation of extensive documentation of all tools and processes in the DWTV Pipeline Wiki.
• Work closely with the Animation Technology and Software vendors to troubleshoot bugs and feature requests.
• Present issues/solutions regarding the CG Pipeline and provide feedback in the Biweekly DWTV TD meeting.
• Prioritize and manage an extensive list of bugs and feature requests for existing tools and processes.
• Provide feedback and progress reports on all assigned tasks during the Shotgun tasking meeting.
• Provide tools support to our Partner Studios. Bugs from the Partner Studios can be show stopping and require reshuffling your task schedule on a moment’s notice.
• Work closely with the HUB department Supervisors to help identify and present long term strategies and standards for the department.
• May be asked to represent the DWTV division in studio technology support and infrastructure meetings.
• Advanced background in Maya or equivalent software package.
• Familiarity with the Adobe Suite.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Flexible to changes, able to multitask, prioritize and follow through on requests.
• Advanced Python, Java / HTML scripting.
• Knowledge of C or C++ preferred.
• Must be a team player.
• Efficient time management and problem solving skills
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in the television, feature film or gaming industries.
• Expertise with Shotgun, Flix, Nuke, Mari, and Houdini is preferred but not required.
• Must be committed to providing great service and support to our in-house and Partner Studio Teams.
• B.S or M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.