Creative Assembly Recruiting Senior Lighting Artist – New IP
Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First-Person Shooter IP.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, accomplished Lighting Artist looking for a new challenge to join our talented art team at our studio in Horsham based in the heart of Sussex, England.
In this exciting role, you will bring your knowledge and experience to be able to make a real impact in the new, undisclosed IP from Creative Assembly’s multi-award-winning team and build a believable world for players to enjoy.
Please ensure you provide a portfolio along with your application.
As a Senior Lighting Artist on the project, you will be a competent all-round CG artist, with strong technical ability and have a proven track record of lighting AAA games, working primarily with the environment and engineering teams.
On a day to day basis you will:
• Be responsible for lighting our levels and characters, contributing significantly to the overall look of the frame.
• Demonstrate your comprehension of light, colour, form, and composition within tight performance budgets.
• Help manage the team’s schedule, ensuring that milestones are adhered to and pipelines remain unblocked.
• Have excellent communication and collaboration skills as this is critical to the success of this role.
• Work closely with cross-discipline teams to create high fidelity, believable, real-time lighting in an exciting Sci-Fi world.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
• Exceptional artistic ability and world-class real-time lighting skills.
• A comprehensive knowledge of contemporary workflows, processes and where lighting fits into every stage of a modern AAA production.
• Demonstrable mastery of real time lighting technology, to reach the desired image quality – GI, shadow, reflections, IES profiles, colour space, exposure, etc. as well as post, fog, screen effects.
• Strong comprehension of how image quality and art style effect the gameplay experience.
• Ability to produce production guidelines, budgets, and visual targets.
• Experience shipping on multiple platforms and scaling visual quality between.
• Excellent problem-solving skills within the lighting and more general image quality realm.
• Proficiency with off-line and real-time rendering packages
• Experience scheduling and working in a large team with dependencies
• Proven ownership tools and pipelines pertaining to lighting
• Traditional art skills
• Experience with Unreal engine
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
• Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
• Enhanced maternity and paternity, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
• Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
• Annual discretionary studio bonus
• Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
• Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
• Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
• Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
• Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
• Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
• Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
• Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
• Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.