Creative Assembly Recruiting Concept Artist
Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First-Person Shooter IP and are looking for more world-class talent to join the team. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, accomplished Concept Artist to come on board this exciting new project and help shape and evolve this new world into an immersive and engaging player space.
In the role of Concept Artist, you will be working with the current team behind Halo Wars and Alien: Isolation on a brand new exciting IP. You will be working directly with all art disciplines across the production and helping to push the tone and universe.
In the role of a Concept Artist and visual designer, as a seasoned artist, you will work with the team to develop and shape an immersive experience for our players to enjoy!
Communication is critical to the success of this role. You will be proactive in collaborating closely with your fellow concept artists, along with writers, production artists and of course designers, to gain all the information required to deliver visual designs.
As well as a competent artist, you will be an avid researcher, a collector of ideas and demonstrate the ability to quickly iterate and adapt your visual designs where necessary.
The goal is to provide inspirational imagery which works for both design and production art, while satisfying the game vision and art direction.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
• A strong portfolio that demonstrates a solid grasp of visual design
• A good understanding of anatomy and character design
• A great sense of staging and storytelling in your work, demonstrating mood and tone
• An understanding of material details and construction methods
• Strong sketching skills and demonstrable design iteration
• A proven ability to collaborate and work closely with all development disciplines
• A good knowledge of composition, colour, and lighting
• A self-driven attitude and the ability to receive and provide clear feedback
• A team player with good communication skills and a positive outlook
• Traditional media art skills
• Proficiency with 3D modelling or sculpting packages
• Story boarding skills
• Experience working in games
Note: Applications for this role must include a portfolio/showreel (or link to a portfolio/showreel). Applications that do not have this information will not be considered.
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
• Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
• Enhanced maternity and paternity, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
• Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
• Annual discretionary studio bonus
• Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
• Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
• Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
• Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
• Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
• Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
• Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
• Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate • Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
• Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.