Boulder Media Recruiting FX Artist
As part of Hasbro Entertainment, Boulder Media is building a new feature animation division. We are excited to offer a talented FX Artist the opportunity to join our very successful and established animation studio as we expand into a new area. We will be producing the first CG theatrical feature film made entirely in Ireland. The movie is based on a very well-known Hasbro property and we can’t wait to bring it to the big screen for the first time.
We are looking for Houdini FX Artists that have experience in atmospheric environments FX and Particle Dynamics. The appropriate candidate will need to be proficient in Houdini with experience in creating Digital assets is a must.
• Designing and maintaining FX Systems that will be used in multiple shots throughout production.
• Working on shots.
• Maintaining a strong support system for FX Artists.
• Create detailed Documentation for all FX Systems created.
• Make sure Digital Assets are production friendly and efficient.
• Strong problem solving and communication skills.
• Work close with FX Department Lead and FX Pipeline TD where possible to develop the FX Department to become efficient and smooth running.
Skills & Requirements
• Experience working on animated CG Feature Film would be a plus but not required.
• knowledge of H script and Vex is a Bonus.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
• Proficient in Houdini.
• Experience with Linux systems.
• Experience exporting and importing files between Houdini and Katana would be a plus but not required.
• Candidate must be proactive and work well in a team environment.
• Experience with Shotgun