Blur Studio Recruiting Rigger
Blur Studio is looking for a highly experienced Rigger to work onsite at our Culver City facility. Qualified candidates will have strong experience in the design, development and implementation of rigging systems and will bring valuable ideas to the team through methodologies and/or tool and rig development skills. Great communication and teamwork skills are required in addition to the ability to deliver quality work on schedule. Duties may include the training and mentoring of other team members as needed.
- Use Blur production tools to build and maintain production rigs that meet technical and artistic quality standards. Work under the direction of supervisors and leads.
- Communicate progress, problems or suggestions to supervisors and leads.
- Suggest and/or develop tools and methodologies as appropriate to solve problems help improve the department.
- Participate in Blur’s training program and mentor less experienced artists as needed
- 3+ years of experience in Rigging on films or commercials
- Strong knowledge of Maya for Rigging and Deformation
- Good sense of deformation and human anatomy
- Knowledge of the Maya API with MEL or Python is highly recommended
- Excellent communication and organization Skills
- Bonus : Softimage, C++, Animation, Modeling experience
Please send your resume, reel and reel breakdown. Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the U.S.