Animal Logic Recruiting Mid VFX Modellers
Are you a senior modeller with both organic and hard surface VFX modelling experience interested in working on Peter Rabbit 2? Animal Logic is looking for Modelling Digital Artists who will interpret a variety of media and concept art to create sophisticated, production ready 3D models.
What you’ll get to do:
· Interpret 2D designs and translate them into 3D space by utilizing software such as Maya, Houdini, Z- Brush and Marvelous Designer, all while maintaining the original artistic intent.
· Produce complex models to a high standard with a thorough understanding of shape, scale and form.
· Work within/produce - topology/wire frame, turntables, character and/or environment
· Produce accurate UVs for models for use in downstream departments.
· Produce highly optimized meshes that can be rendered and displayed efficiently for downstream departments such as Rigging, Layout and Lighting.
· Assume responsibility for ensuring assigned work is produced to appropriate standard quality within the scheduled timeframe and deadline.
· Ensure a high level of communication is maintained with the Model Lead and Supervisor, particularly where situations arise that may compromise the quality or scheduled delivery of material.
· Distribute and share knowledge regularly to assist in the ongoing development of innovative tools and or techniques for modelling.
· Efficiently document workflow and feedback from Leads or Supervisors.
· Assist with the training and mentoring of less experienced modelling artists as required and maintain a discipline of leadership by example.
What you bring:
· 5+ years’ experience with VFX/Animation software tools and processes for TV and/or animated feature films.
· 5+ years’ experience in modelling.
· Experience in modelling photo-real animals is a bonus.
· Proficiency with Maya and Z-Brush as a bonus.
· Proficiency in character/creature and environment modelling techniques and topology.
· Solid understanding of proper edge flow and polygon density
· Solid understanding of the topological requirements of subdivision surface for both static and deforming models.
· Proficiency in both hard surface and organic, environments, props, creatures.
· Deep understanding of industry standards, conventions, and formats to enable successful completion of work.
· Proven technical and visual skills with an understanding of art and design within animation environment.
· Excellent attention to detail and the ability to abstract and interpret design down to its fundamentals.
· Strong organisational and time management skills.
· The ability to deliver clean technically proficient models that adhere to the technical specification outlined by the lead and/or supervisor.
· A collaborative and open disposition that can actively interpret and execute on notes from supervisors and directors.
· A strong sense of ownership of ones work.
What you’ll need to include on your application:
· Turntables with wireframes
Due to security reasons please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.